Becoming a member of SASBi:
SASBi membership is open to any professional person engaged in the practice, research or teaching of any aspect of Bioinformatics.
Membership may be conferred in one of the following categories: Commercial, Academic, Student and Special Membership.
Membership fees are payable per two-year cycle leading to the next SASBi congress. The current cycle is 2014/2015. Membership prices are as follows:
- Commercial membership – R 400
- Academic membership – R 250
- Student membership – R 100
- Special membership – R 50
Members receive the following benefits from the Society
- Reduced registration fees at the biennial symposium of the Society
- Financial support for student members wishing to attend the biennial symposium of the Society
- Access for placing information or advertisements in the electronic media of the Society
Registration ProcedureTo become a member navigate to the membership area and go to the Application page. Fill in all the relevant details and click on the APPLY button. Your details will be registered in the members’ database and an invoice will be sent to you.
Should you encounter any problems, please contact the SASBi secretary.
Once you have received an invoice:
Pay the fees per cycle either electronically or directly into the Society’s bank account. The bank details will be indicated on the invoice created after your registration has been completed. Please pay the dues within 30 days after registration. Upon payment, an invoice will be issued which will serve as confirmation of membership.